Friday, June 22, 2007

India: In Pictures

The past few days haven't been as work-intensive. I have also been horrible at writing any updates. ...But there will always be pictures.

We went to go watch Ocean's Thirteen, and 15 minutes before the end of the movie, the sound turned off, we had to knock on the window of the booth, and they had to stop the movie and manually rewind the film. Ah, India.



I was able to visit the Holy Family Hospital again. There was a little boy wearing Elaine's flip-flops.



Then there was a lazy trip back via Rickshaw. There was a ridiculous amount of traffic, and I was stuck at an intersection for what had to be 20 minutes, making this an annoyingly expensive ride back home. Still, it was great for just watching people. One of the most interesting image that I can't get out of my mind is how I watched a man driving a motorcycled dressed up liked a Bollywood star, while sitting right behind him was a woman holding on, covered completely with a Jilbab. It wasn't disturbing per se, but it definitely evoked a an eyebrow raise.















No comments: