Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yosemite: Backpacking Day 3

The next day, we went from Cathedral Lakes and did some back-country hiking to get back onto the John Muir Trail, and then went off trail across a meadow, up the Hill of Death (dundundun), got to the top of a peak with an amazing view (you could see Half Dome!) near Tenaya Peak, then went back down to set up camp near Mildred Lake.


Before everyone else woke up. :)


Jamie and Virginia getting breakfast ready.


Everyone else still sleeping.


Going off trail for a bit! Bush-beating is fun. :)


Yay.


Cathedral Peak along the way.


Mike.


Me.


Cathedral Peak.


Back on the trail. Stopping by Upper Cathedral Lake for some water.


My new desktop picture.


Tracie and I stopped for lunch.


Indian Paintbrush! It was one of my favorite flowers as a kid ever since I read the Legend of the Indian Paintbrush.


Lupines at a place where we pumped more water.


Me on a rock.


Mike lookin' all scruffy.


While crossing the meadow.


Jeff.


Up the Hill of Death! Only one picture because it was waaay too tiring to do anything else other than push all the way up.


The view of Mildred Lake from the top of the Hill of Death!


We look tired... and Mike looks extra evil.


Half dome!


Pretty clouds. :)


Jeff, Tracie, Diana at the top.

Time to head back down... off-trail backcountry hiking/backpacking is definitely most fun.


Awesome granite hills.


On the way down.


Lookin' up.


I love clouds. :)


Mike at the lake near camp!


Chris is the only one daring enough to jump into the cold lake.


Yes, I love climbing rocks! :D


I'm happy.


Dance!


Chris as Moses. Or Jesus. Or somebody like that.


I was having too much fun.


*grin*


The beginnings of a fire!

Mike and I then decided to hike a little up a hill in order to fulfill my silly artsy dance needs. :)




It's awkward in hiking boots...


Of course you need a Chinese Dance pose in there... Dai!


Back-bends!


Another Dai pose... ...my fingers aren't together like they are supposed to be...


I might have muscle?


Half Dome!

Then we skedaddled back down for Mike's first-ever campfire.






Dishwashers!


Blurry Mike pumps water.


Huddled around fire.

The last night out camping was great. The fire was awesome, and everybody else was so interesting to listen to. It was a good night.

No comments: